Utah Geek Magazine Cosplay Centerfold
Utah Geek Magazine
- Do you or someone you know have an awesome cosplay?
- Do you know a group of people who has an awesome group cosplay?
- Do you have an idea for an awesome scene that is perfect for your cosplay?
- Do you have an awesome professional photo of you in your cosplay?
One of Utah Geek Magazine’s premiere features is the Cosplay CenterfoldTM. Each issue includes a full-color cosplay photo in the centerfold (i.e. center fold) of the magazine to highlight the amazing community of geeks we have!
What we are looking for:
- Epic costumes and cosplayers
- Individuals, couples, and/or small groups
- Awesome ideas for themes, locations, props, and more to set the scene
- Couples and groups should be from the same “world”, or at least make sense. For example, Superman and Gandalf probably wouldn’t work together.
- You must be 18 or older, or have parent/guardian permission, and be willing to sign a general photography release, or have your own high-resolution photo with copyrights
What we’re not looking for
- The hottest, sexiest, and skimpiest cosplay you can find
- This isn’t that kind of centerfold. This is about embodying the characters in their natural setting.
- If your costume shows some skin because the character’s costume shows some skin, that’s fine, but it shouldn’t be the focus, and it shouldn’t be over the top.
Are you interested?
You know your cosplay the best, so tell us about it! Send an email to email@example.com and let us know.
- For individuals, send us your your name, your cosplay character, and a photo of you in character
- For couples and groups, have one member send us a list of the group members’ names, their cosplay characters, and photos of them in character (individually or as a group)
- Include possible locations for a photo shoot. For example, Superman should probably be in the city, Gandalf should be in the woods, etc.
- Include any creative ideas you may have to set the scene like a theme, props, background, etc.
- Be realistic. Keep your ideas local, legal, inexpensive, and real (no green-screen). We can’t actually fly to New Zealand to shoot the Gandalf cosplay!
- Include links to your or your group’s members’ profiles for Facebook, Instagram, or other photo sharing websites (optional)
What we do
- We will select the ideas we like the best
- We’ll coordinate dates, times, locations, etc. with you or your group
- We’ll provide the photographer and photo editing
- We will provide you or your group with print-quality digital photos for you to use as you wish
- And best of all, we’ll feature you or your group in an issue of Utah Geek Magazine!
- Please remember, we only print 6 times a year, which means only 6 photo shoots a year, so it is unlikely that we will get to everyone
- We want to print the best of the best within our ability, so depending on the number of submissions, or the complexity/expense of your idea, it may take time before you’re selected. Be patient.
- We will always reply to your email to confirm that we received your submission
- Thanks and good luck!
These guidelines may change as the feature evolves. Be sure to follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/ugeekmedia) to stay in touch!